Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn Your PSP Into a Universal Remote Control

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

Hi, I know a couple of you out there have a phat PSP somewhere in your home. If you do you might want to read this.
First of all, there are a couple of required things:
1. A Phat PSP (1000 Series) Doesn't work on the newer models.
2. IR Shell (4.7 or 5.0 ; Apparently, there's one made for every CFW)
3. Your Original Television Remote (I don't think universal one's work, I might be wrong, though)

Now that you have those things, I'll show you how to get it working. I'm assuming you've extracted everything in the right places. Some of you may have known that the 1000 series PSP has something that the others don't: Infrared. The infrared port is located on top of the PSP, next to the UMD Drive. Here's the steps to turn your PSP into a Universal Remote.

1. Fire up your IR Shell.
2. Once your at the Main Menu, scroll down to the IR Remote View.
3. After your there, press Start. This will bring up an option to create or edit your remotes.
4. Click "O" to create a new remote, and name the remote. It doesn't matter what you name it, as long as you know what TV it goes to.
5. Here's where you'll need your Original TV Remote. Point your PSP at the remote you wish to imitate Press any button on the PSP, in this case "X" will be what I pressed. Next, press a button on the remote. This will create an alias. For example, if you pressed X on the PSP, and the Power button on the remote, X just became the Power button for the TV. Oh, and you only have 30 seconds for the PSP to recognize the signal, it should disappear if it does get the signal. If not, thy changing the HZ from 40 to something else by pressing R+Start.
6. Test to see if it works. If so, great. If not, try repeating the end of step 5.

Hopefully, all goes well. I've tried it on all the TV's in my home, and all but one worked. If someone does happen to get a universal remote to work, post here to tell me what you did differently. Hope this helped. Smile

P.S: If you want to see proof of this working, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLL1_GQ1n3I

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

I had my Phat working as a TV remote before and I didn't need to even touch my TV remote. I don't remember what I used but it had my TV maker in the list of electronics and I set it to that and it worked. I shut the TV off in my sister Razz. I think it was a few years ago. It's useful if you lose your TV remote.

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

supermario641996 wrote:I had my Phat working as a TV remote before and I didn't need to even touch my TV remote. I don't remember what I used but it had my TV maker in the list of electronics and I set it to that and it worked. I shut the TV off in my sister Razz. I think it was a few years ago. It's useful if you lose your TV remote.
You must not have used IR Shell then, right? I know there's another homebrew called IR Remote that has premade IR Codes, but can't learn new remotes.

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

jastolze wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:I had my Phat working as a TV remote before and I didn't need to even touch my TV remote. I don't remember what I used but it had my TV maker in the list of electronics and I set it to that and it worked. I shut the TV off in my sister Razz. I think it was a few years ago. It's useful if you lose your TV remote.
You must not have used IR Shell then, right? I know there's another homebrew called IR Remote that has premade IR Codes, but can't learn new remotes.
I think that's actually what it was.

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum