Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!







Augustine: Despondent

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Which tinyXX do you think is the best?

which one?

33% 33% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
17% 17% [ 1 ]
50% 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Thu May 19, 2011 1:05 am

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
well my first impressions with the tiny series made by a group called eXPerience(or a person, not sure how many people work on them) was with tiny7. i needed a fast os on mai netbook that could play portal and other games tat dont run on ubuntu(wine does not like intel gma). so i dual booted tiny 7 and ubuntu 11.04. i honestly thot tiny7 was great. aero ran good it had slow shutdown time and firefox takes a bot to open, but all in all for what its being run on i impressed. and then just for kicks and the fact i had a spare laptop hdd i decided to try out tinyvista. i was baffled at how well it ran. it outperforms tiny7. i can get great fps on minecraft, alot better than wit tiny7 and it has much faster bootup ans shutdown that tiny7 does(!). and it only requires 256 mb of ram as opposed to the usual 512 mb required for normal vista. i very much prefer tinyvista over tiny 7, and also tinyvista has windows media player. something that tiny7 lacks for sum reason. the only draw back is the drivers, by default it has no drivers pretty much. luckily there was a driver installer but i had to dl sum other drivers on this one site. it may take a bot more work to get setup and stuff but its definantly worth it. as for the xp's ive yet to try those outside of a vm so not too sure bout them. and share your story as well of why you use a tiny

2 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 1:25 am

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
On my netbook, I went from Windows 7 to Windows XP and XP seemed faster. I don't really have any experience with the Tiny/Micro series. What is your netbook.hardware?




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

3 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 12:09 pm

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
supermario641996 wrote:On my netbook, I went from Windows 7 to Windows XP and XP seemed faster. I don't really have any experience with the Tiny/Micro series. What is your netbook.hardware?

its a toshiba nb255
intel atom n450 @1.66ghz with intel gma 3150
and it has 1gb of ram

4 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
Alrighty. Pretty much the same specs but with 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Anyway, I recommend one of the WinXPs but I do have to worn you that the GMA 3150 doesn't really work with Portal. It just crashes even with the Portal set to 0. I tried everything. Also Halo is only playable with out any Computers around.




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

5 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
supermario641996 wrote:Alrighty. Pretty much the same specs but with 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Anyway, I recommend one of the WinXPs but I do have to worn you that the GMA 3150 doesn't really work with Portal. It just crashes even with the Portal set to 0. I tried everything. Also Halo is only playable with out any Computers around.

i got tinyvista on mai netbook and portal runs at a very playable framerate. even setting the texture quality to meduim it still is playable. and i got the portal render depth set to 1. portal 2 though is a much different story Laugh out loud

6 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
r34per wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:Alrighty. Pretty much the same specs but with 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Anyway, I recommend one of the WinXPs but I do have to worn you that the GMA 3150 doesn't really work with Portal. It just crashes even with the Portal set to 0. I tried everything. Also Halo is only playable with out any Computers around.

i got tinyvista on mai netbook and portal runs at a very playable framerate. even setting the texture quality to meduim it still is playable. and i got the portal render depth set to 1. portal 2 though is a much different story Laugh out loud

Well, I had vista on my netbook once. Maybe its time for an upgrade. Laugh out loud




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

7 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sat May 21, 2011 9:47 pm

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
supermario641996 wrote:
r34per wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:Alrighty. Pretty much the same specs but with 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Anyway, I recommend one of the WinXPs but I do have to worn you that the GMA 3150 doesn't really work with Portal. It just crashes even with the Portal set to 0. I tried everything. Also Halo is only playable with out any Computers around.

i got tinyvista on mai netbook and portal runs at a very playable framerate. even setting the texture quality to meduim it still is playable. and i got the portal render depth set to 1. portal 2 though is a much different story Laugh out loud

Well, I had vista on my netbook once. Maybe its time for an upgrade. Laugh out loud

Laugh out loud its always nice 2 start fresh. its a bugger to find though. if u want I\'ll c if i can find tinyvista agen

8 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sun May 22, 2011 10:47 am

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
r34per wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:
r34per wrote:
supermario641996 wrote:Alrighty. Pretty much the same specs but with 2gb of ram instead of 1gb. Anyway, I recommend one of the WinXPs but I do have to worn you that the GMA 3150 doesn't really work with Portal. It just crashes even with the Portal set to 0. I tried everything. Also Halo is only playable with out any Computers around.

i got tinyvista on mai netbook and portal runs at a very playable framerate. even setting the texture quality to meduim it still is playable. and i got the portal render depth set to 1. portal 2 though is a much different story Laugh out loud

Well, I had vista on my netbook once. Maybe its time for an upgrade. Laugh out loud

Laugh out loud its always nice 2 start fresh. its a bugger to find though. if u want I\'ll c if i can find tinyvista agen
Alrighty, but you should email it to me. haloreachkill@live.com by the way, this is my gamertag email and I didn't know what it should be, Laugh out loud.




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

9 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sun May 22, 2011 7:13 pm

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
alright. also if u dont wanna bother with torrents its gonna b in parts so i would use jdownloader to dl it

10 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Sun May 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
Alrighty. part 1 is missing by the way.




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

11 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Mon May 23, 2011 12:46 am

刈り取り機

avatar
Mythic
Mythic
supermario641996 wrote:Alrighty. part 1 is missing by the way.

o it is. hmm I\'ll try and upload mine then for u

12 Re: Which tinyXX do you think is the best? on Mon May 23, 2011 11:34 am

Supermario641996

avatar
Reclaimer
Reclaimer
Alright thanks.




Shhh, it's Mario.  Don't forget to introduce yourself to our community here and our Discord group here. Very Happy
http://augustine.forumotion.com/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum