Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solitude guys need to Watch their P's & Q's

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

They are actually starting to make me mad with how they assume everything when they know nothing. I want to cover a few things for people who browse the Solitude forums, but are mis-guided by the posts that are made about Revamped.

1.Quote from Active Sammich "Yeah lets regroup the revamped guys because they are the best and stuff and they rock. Everyone knows solitude copied them and ripped of their code n stuff."

Point 1: you guys are a good group. I am very proud of the people Revamped has brought in.

Point 2: Revamped 1 did use Solitudes code as a base. Did they get their credit? Of course. Does that affect Revamped 2? Not at all. Revamped 2s game code is completely written with my hands and knowledge. When I started, it was a test to see how far I could go with QC. I proved my code superior to Solitudes in several instances such as Reload gun Firing. That isn't to say they didn't have some things that were superior to my code either.

Point 3: We didn't copy Solitude, we are trying to make a Halo-like Game. There is no reason to copy a copy of a game no is there.

2. Quote from Jukki "I asked mexi to help me with the radar code. Answer was straight no when I said it is for solitude. He hates solitude like I we hate school (school lovers to Ground plzz). Asked for reason. Idk. He hates sam. And doesnt want to help me with the solitude porting project"

Point 1: I don't want to help out Jukkis Solitude port primarily because of how rude their community can be. I am not going to make something for a targeted community like theirs.

Point 2: I hate Sam and wouldn't want to create anything official(Yes I consider Jukkis port official beings that it is the only pure Solitude psp version).

3.Quote from Coopers"Well mexi is an asshole don't worry about him"

Point 1: I know I am such an arsehole, I can't help it.

Point 2: I have other things I want to do besides work on a project that will be given to people like Coopers.

4. Quote from Arkage"Dont worry I doubt hed understand it Tongue, and for the record the radar code was written by Downsider for the psp, I just ported it over and reworked it to work with darkplaces metiod of acessing the entitys (was a bit awkard)."

Point 1: yea, I don't understand the code at all, thats how I ported it huh...

Point 2: Arkage seems to underestimate everything I do and my coding knowledge. He is not around me at all, and therefore has no way of knowing, so I think he should keep what he doesn't know to himself.

This is not intended for Flame, but I find it ridiculous that they assume so much, more than what they actually know. If they took the time to come here and visit, they may see that the community is decent, and the game is actually packed full of goodness.

Shame for them.

https://augustine.forumotion.com

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

When I originally read these posts over at their forums I was furious. I understand why you don't wont to help them. Its because their not so kind ether. Insulting a different team and making stupid things to say. They already know that even if they get a port to work (doesn't work on my PSP black screen) that solitude is already dead. They lost too many people to be able to even make a port. When I was finally able to play the PC version I was highly disappointed on what they advertised compared to what was released. Mexi, there is a difference from an arsehole and a stressed out guy with not many people's help. You haven't given up at all. You are strong and a great leader to this project. You make great decisions and you also love people's opinions. You are great to the comunity too. When I first went to the solitude's forums back in the summer I pointed out a comment that was absolutely inappropriate and I was yelled at for it and was voted down. I felt very insulted from Flamingice and stopped posting there. I do post every now and then but not much. I for one am stopping my self for waiting for a good release from them. I am sick of the insults that the put on people. This is different from flame, its the truth.

I'm SuperMario641996 and I approve this message.

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

Very, Very respectable opinion Mario. I feel the same way, they flame when they don't need too. That is 1 thing I appreciate about this community. We don't fight, we don't flame, we all get along.

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

The only thing we do here is pick on each other but thats way different from fighting. ^__^ Thanks for agreeing with my opinion.

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

Sarge127

Sarge127
Colonel Grade 1
Colonel Grade 1

This is unprecedented, Unacceptable. And yet i thought flaming ice was the big cheese. Guess not! and yet here i post before mexi the most well known modder now! dang and i worked with'em! what more honor do i need?
Blast Sami and his group of assuming bastards.

http://www.sniperspsp.tk

刈り取り機

刈り取り機
Mythic
Mythic

flamingic betrayed everyone. like look at the pc version of it. does that really look like 2 yrs of work? and theres not even a psp version. if i wanna play a halo for pc I\'ll play fcking halo ce. and the kiss ass community of solitude does and believes everything arkage says. trust me, i was one of them. the psp was what made solitude what it is today, like who doesnt wanna play halo on psp. people just need to accept the fact solitude is ded and move on with their life

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

supermario641996 wrote:The only thing we do here is pick on each other that's way different from fighting.

Trash talk, a way idiots try to get over their issues by making more on the internet. Everyone gets pissed some days but they never let the "new guys" get a chance they always think of them as "faggot whiney n00bs" begging for a release or something along those lines. im tired of this crap ass community you find almost everywhere. Other community's like for example certain hacking community s are very welcoming and would train these "n00bs" and turn them into the average users benefiting them and doing that you have a better and closer community without any flaming. But who has a perfect community? its fine to pull a couple pranks on some people some times as long as it doesn't damage there computer or Do mental or physical damage and is referred to as a joke and anger doesn't come from neither sides. our community is some what like that minus the hacking part and trust me this is a good fucking community.

http://yourdoomed.canadian-forum.com/

刈り取り機

刈り取り機
Mythic
Mythic

basically if you throw a stick sum where ur gonna ur ass chewed out in the psp scene. even now this is slowly beginning to b a flame topic. this is exactly y i left the psp scene(among a few other reason)...

%ERROR%

%ERROR%
Legend
Legend

At least join Plan B reaper I\'ll keep it clean of psp stuff and the behavior

http://yourdoomed.canadian-forum.com/

Mexicouger

Mexicouger
Noble
Noble

Well what is said here is what people feel about the Solitude scene, and it isn't the entire PSP scene that flames. You can find quite a few welcoming places.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum