Augustine: Despondent
Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to our Forums! Please login or register! You can introduce yourself here!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the forums! We are the homeplace for Slender: Darkplaces, Augustine, Nightfall survival, and Revamped 1.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facebook Scam (as of June 4th, 2012)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Facebook Scam (as of June 4th, 2012) Empty Facebook Scam (as of June 4th, 2012) Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 am

jastolze

jastolze
Brigadier Grade 3
Brigadier Grade 3

So, I was on my Facebook account just a little while ago, and to my surprise, a fishy message came up from a "friend" I never chat with. The following message "WARNING! Verify your Account Details" is fake. Besides the simple spelling errors, the rogue application even says it's NOT made by Facebook, yet here's a strange application asking for login details. Here's how all this crap works:

1. You give away your Facebook info.
2. Your account will become hacked, and your password and other login details will be changed.
3. The hacker, at this point, will use your account and attempt to scam your other FB friends, trying to get them to enter their information so they can be hacked.

If you want more info on this scam in particular, go here: http://facecrooks.com/Scam-Watch/warning-announcement-from-faceb00k-verification-team-all-profiles-must-be-verified-before-1st-june-2012-to-avoid-scams-and-scams-under-sopa-act-the-unverfied-accounts-will-be-terminated-facebook-s.html

2Facebook Scam (as of June 4th, 2012) Empty Re: Facebook Scam (as of June 4th, 2012) Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 am

Supermario641996

Supermario641996
Reclaimer
Reclaimer

Please don't put this kinda stuff into Announcements. Announcements is for Augustine/Revamped related stuff only, thank you.

Moved to Offtopic.

https://augustine.forumotion.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum